Film Festival Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions apply to the International Black Women’s Film Festival and Black Laurel Films
1. SUBMISSION TO FESTIVAL. You fully agree that you have met the submission requirements for the International Black Women’s Film Festival (“IBWFF”) and its programs.
2. FAILURE TO MEET REQUIREMENTS. You fully understand that failure to meet the aforementioned requirements gives the IBWFF permission to disqualify your submission without a refund or return of submitted materials.
3. CRIMINAL ACTS, ACTS OF CRUELTY & QUESTIONABLE CONTENT. If the submission is of questionable content and contains documented/video evidence of non-simulated criminal activity, acts of a criminal nature toward animals, children, women, the elderly, or other persons, or contains questionable material that would raise suspicion of criminal activity not-related to fictional characterizations or storyline or narrated documentation, is subject to delivery to local and/or federal authorities, including all identifiable information delivered with the film and its filmmaker.
4. NO MASTER TAPES/VIDEO. Please do NOT submit or upload your master copy. Only send copies of your original in the format(s) requested.
5. REVIEWING PROCESS. You fully understand that by submitting your film to IBWFF, you are submitting your film for CONSIDERATION and REVIEW. If your film is selected it will be kept in the IBWFF archives, unless you provide a self-addressed stamped envelope with adequate postage for your film to be returned. If it is “rejected,” or does not meet the requirements, it will remain in the IBWFF archives, or disposed of, unless you provide a means of returning it, i.e., self-addressed stamped envelope with adequate postage. Failure to provide adequate postage will forfeit the return of your film. No exceptions.
By submitting your film to the INTERNATIONAL BLACK WOMEN’S FILM FESTIVAL, you agree with all terms and conditions as outlined in all offline and online festival documentation, online submission processes, processing fees, and subsequent correspondence.
6. RESPONSES. Applicants will be notified via email, letter OR telephone if their film is accepted. Also, the filmmaker(s)’s name and film title will be posted on the festival’s web-site. Festival organizers have the right not to notify denied applicants if there is a large volume of submissions. It is the filmmaker(s)’s responsibility to check the web-site, all correspondence, emails or other electronic notifications (e-newsletter, Twitter, Facebook) to verify approval or denial of selection. All filmmakers are strongly encouraged to sign-up for the IBWFF e-newsletter or to check back frequently to find out who and which film has been accepted. NO CALLS OR “DROP-BYS”, PLEASE!
7. SUBMISSION ELIGIBILITY. Meeting the eligibility requirements for submissions does NOT guarantee that your submission will be one of the films screened at the festival; however, it does guarantee that your film will be reviewed by the organizer(s).
8. PAYMENTS & REFUNDS. There are no refunds for submissions. The fees requested are PROCESSING & REVIEWING FEES and are a small payment for the time needed to file, document, transport, review and archive a film. Payment of fees does NOT guarantee that your submission will be one of the films screened at the festival.
9. PROCESSING FEE TRANSACTIONS. Please pay your processing fee ONLINE (for Regular and Late deadlines. Earlybird deadlines do not have a fee). We will not be accepting personal checks, cash or money orders. Online processing fee payments are made through a secure, third-party gateway called PayPal. YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO TRANSACT unless you are paying directly from your bank account, i.e., an eCheck. If you are transacting via your bank account, you must sign up with PayPal or use your PayPal account login information.
10. SECURITY & PRIVACY. The IBWFF does NOT share your personal, financial or identifying information with any third-parties; however, it is your responsibility to read PayPal’s privacy and security policy to familiarize yourself with it.
11. PREVIOUS FILMMAKERS. Previously accepted filmmakers –that is, a filmmaker who was notified that their film was selected and their film was scheduled in an IBWFF festival program– do not have to pay fees, unless the submission is late. EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO PAY LATE FEES.
12. FORFEITING ACCEPTANCE. If your film is accepted and you do NOT want it screened (e.g., you have confirmed a distribution deal and screening will undermine the terms), then you must notify the festival organizers no later than three weeks before the festival date.
13. HATE SPEECH & MALICIOUS INTENT. The IBWFF does not tolerate or accept hate speech, acts of violence, or discrimination based on language, country of origin, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, or class.